Housing and Homelessness Advocacy Day
SAVE THE DATE, ADVOCACY DAY 2016 IS COMING!
- About Housing and Homelessness Advocacy Day
- Advocacy Day Volunteers Needed!
- Scholarships, Childcare, and Transportation Assistance
- Flyers and Other Materials
- 2016 Housing and Homelessness State Legislative Agenda
- Sponsoring Advocacy Day
- 2016 Sponsors
Each year, the Washington Low Income Housing Alliance organizes one of the largest Advocacy Days during the legislative session. On February 2, 2016, you have an opportunity to be a part of this very important day of action!
An advocacy day is an organized event, usually at the capitol, where constituents can meet their elected officials and talk to them about policy issues they care about. We’re looking for people passionate about ensuring that everyone in Washington has the opportunity to live in a safe, healthy, and affordable home. If you attend, you and more than 600 advocates from around Washington will unite in a powerful call to end homelessness in our state.
Are you ready to take your advocacy to the next level? Then, SAVE THE DATE for Housing and Homelessness Advocacy Day 2016!
The day includes:
- Inside information and timely updates on affordable housing and homelessness legislation.
- Workshops on how to talk to your elected officials and be the most effective advocate possible.
- Meetings with your lawmakers for which you’ll be armed with key messages, supporting documents and facts to help share your story.
- And an opportunity to feel the power of a strong and growing movement for affordable housing and an end to homelessness.
Stay Tuned - registration for Housing and Homelessness Advocacy Day 2016 opens in December!
You can make Housing and Homelessness Advocacy Day 2016 a huge success. With over 600 people in attendance, it takes a lot of volunteer energy to make Advocacy Day happen.
You can lend a hand in one of these roles during Advocacy Day:
Legislative District Leads – coordinate your district's group meetings with legislators.
Advocacy Stewards – fill a range of roles for a two- to three-hour shift, which include staffing registration and resource tables, orienting event and program locations, and handing out red scarves and programs or lunches.
We provide training and support in advance of Advocacy Day for all roles.
Thanks for your help!
We provide opportunites for Scholarships, Childcare and Transporation assistance so that everyone who wants to can attend Housing and Homlessness Advocacy Day. Please check back after registration opens in December to apply.
Advocacy Day Packet Materials
Advocacy Day Outreach Message Guide -*coming soon
General Flyer -*coming soon
Folleto en Español -*coming soon
Flyer Calling For Volunteers -*coming soon
Legislative Advocacy Materials
Postcards for advocates unable to attend Advocacy Day
Save The Date Flyer
Advocacy Day Social Media Guide -*coming soon
Advocacy Day Talking Points & Messaging Guide -*coming soon
Advocacy Day Messaging Guide for Board Members -*coming soon
One-pagers (black & white)
We advocate for public policy supporting our vision that all Washington residents have the opportunity to live in safe, healthy, affordable homes in thriving communities.
The reasons for homelessness and housing instability include:
- An inadequate supply of homes affordable to low-income households;
- Income that is insufficient to afford a home in the private rental market;
- Inadequate services for those who need support; and
- Unfair barriers to accessing and keeping affordable homes.
In addition to the priorities listed below, we support efforts to raise wages so that jobs pay enough to afford a home. If more jobs paid a living wage, more workers could afford safe, healthy housing. We also support efforts to raise revenue.
Sponsors make our annual Housing and Homelessness Advocacy Day a reality. Last year, financial support from our sponsors provided the resources to bring 605 participants to Olympia to advocate for more opportunities for an affordable home for everyone in Washington!
Advocacy Day information reaches 600+ attendees, legislators from nearly every district in the state, and even more people through a robust social media presence. Sponsorship helps your organization be a leading voice at Advocacy Day.
We invite you to join us as a sponsor at one of the following levels:
Ready to sponsor? You have three options:
1. To pay by CREDIT CARD, please use this online sponsorship form.
For more information on how your organization can sponsor Advocacy Day 2016, please email Kate McMullen or call her at 206.442.9455 x201.
See you on February 2, 2016 for Advocacy Day 2016...